Tuesday, April 6, 2010

ILP Topic

I tried all the ways to post my concept map in here and I had not luck doing it. But, I have to tell you that I finally found a topic that I want to research. My ILP topic is Medical Tourism. Who could imagine that even health care could be outsourced?? It has been possible with the mix of an unfit health care system and globalization benefits such as the internet to mention at least one. The fact is that Medical Tourism, It’s a Trend that is here to stay.

When we look at United States' health care system. It's cost, the lack of health insurance or the delay to receive health care makes us think that people have not choice other than to try their luck and travel abroad to seek the services they need. Medical Tourism is a growing market for underdeveloped countries who benefit with the influx of international travelers. The truth is that the number of people travelling overseas to get health care is increasing every year.



I think is important to know what medical treatments we could get. What countries offer what?? What accreditations should we ask for?? What we need to bring with us?? I have many questions. I think this is going to be an interesting topic. I think people would benefit from my project because they could make a fine decision on where to go -or not to go- if decide to travel abroad to have any medical procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment